Connect with nature. Connect with friends. Join us for a city walk!
Slow-paced barefoot city hike to Todoroki Ravine Park, Nogemachi Park, and Tamagawa Recreation Ground. We will also spend some time in meditation - mindful practice that enables us to find more joy in daily living. Barefoot Rob and others will be barefoot; you’re welcome to try walking barefoot as well!
Saturday 19 November 2022, 10:45
We will meet at Todoroki Station, South Exit https://goo.gl/maps/QANo4iJUhNm7Kun49
Course (3.5 km):
Todoroki Station → Todoroki Ravine Park → Tamagawa Nogemachi Park → Lunch time in the park → Todoroki Fudōson Temple with small waterfall → Todoroki Japanese Gardens → Tamagawa Recreation Ground → Meditation experience (7 min)
Enjoy vivid autumn foliage in beautiful natural surroundings and find like-minded others who enjoy walking barefoot!
What to expect:
Barefoot Rob will talk about how to safely walk barefoot.
sidewalk tile, asphalt sidewalks, smooth/rough/sharp asphalt walking path, asphalt walking path with stones, wooden boards, a mixture of dirt and fallen leaves and tree branches, short gravel path, grass.
Please do not rush and stay alert about where you’re walking to avoid injury.
- Difficulty level: beginner/lower intermediate.
- The hike is on in the rain.
Donation: 1,000 yen
To receive the latest updates, join our LINE group for this event:
What to bring
- Your water/soft drink (recommend hot drink in a thermos)
- Lunch (there is a convenience store near our meeting point)
- Hat in case of sun
- Rainwear in case of rain
- Easy-to-wear sandals for hard-to-walk surfaces (if desired)
- Walking shoes if you need
- Towel, wet tissues for your feet
- First aid supplies
- A warm seat pad if desired (we will have a big tarp for everyone)
- Hand/body warmers (hokkairo)
- Whatever you may need to take care of yourself
- 1,000 Yen
Self care is important, so wear shoes whenever you need to!
RSVP by joining Todoroki Valley hike participants LINE group specifically for the Saturday 19 November 2022 hike!
Share this event with others by sending this link https://www.robnugen.com/en/events/2022/11/19peaceful-barefoot-walk-in-todoroki-valley-and-surrounding-parks
While we do check each event location, by joining this event you agree that safety is your own responsibility.