I am planning to walk barefoot coast to coast (the short direction) across Japan’s main island.
Join us Friday April 16th at Rinko Park in Yokohama, (map) as I start to walk barefoot to Aoyama Kaigan near Niigata Station, arriving around 23 days later, during Golden Week in Japan.
It’s a personal challenge and hopefully encouragement to you to keep pushing your limits!
Just the Meeting points:
Here is the entire route on plotaroute.com. The map takes a bit to load all of the twists and turns of the route. Be sure to get in touch if you want to meet somewhere as plans are likely to change!
These are maps of each segment, and are subject to change. I do not yet have a good way to post edits to this page from the road, but am working on that.
- Day 01.1 (Friday April 16th 2021 *) Walk 20km, from Rinko Park, on the bay in Yokohama, to my house (not shown). (20km total)
- Day 02.1 (Saturday April 17th *) Walk 4km, from my house (not shown) To Yomiuriland (24km total)
I will walk from my house to Yomiuriland, possibly via 新百合ヶ丘駅 or 百合ヶ丘駅 or neither station and just go a more direct route.
👉🏿 Let’s enjoy riding roller coasters in Yomiuriland!
👉🏿 Anyone want to try the bungee? It’s not that tall!
Click here to see the rest of the walk plans..
- Day 02.2 (Saturday April 17th *) Walk 8km, From Yomiuriland To LiveMax hotel in Fuchu (32km total)
It will probably be dark by the time we leave Yomiuriland, so I doubt we will be able to see much near Tama River. But we’ll cross Tama River and then walk a bit to LiveMax Hotel. (TODO: make a reservation!)
- Day 03.1 (Sunday April 18th *) Walk 6.5km, LiveMax hotel to Pizza-la via Musashi Kokubunji Park (38km total)
We will pass a couple of parks and walk near Kokubunji Station.
- Day 03.2 (Sunday April 18th *) Walk 7.5km from Pizza-la To Seibuen (46km total) > 10% complete!!
- Day 04.1 (Monday April 19th *) Walk 10km, from Seibuen To Fujisawa Central Park (56km total)
- Day 04.2 (Monday April 19th *) Walk 14km, To Aina Water Park (70km total)
- Day 05.1 (Tuesday April 20th *) Walk 10km, From Aina Water Park To Strawberry Garden (80km total) = 20% complete!!
- Day 05.2 (Tuesday April 20th *) Walk 12km, From いちご Garden To Ranzan BBQ Tsuki River (92km total)
- Day 06.1 (Wednesday April 21st *) Walk 4km, BBQ Camp To Musashi Memorial Park (96km total)
- Day 06.2 (Wednesday April 21st *) Walk 7km, Musahi Park To Italian Restaurant (103km total) > 25% complete!!
- Day 06.3 (Wednesday April 21st *) Walk 3km, Italian Restaurant To Arakawa (106km total)
- Day 07.1 (Thursday April 22nd *) Walk 10km, From Arakawa To Cafe Tsumugi For Lunch (116km total)
- Day 07.2 (Thursday April 22nd *) Walk 8km, Matsuhisa Station Cafe To hotel in Honjo (124km total)
- Day 08.1 (Friday April 23rd *) Walk 7km, From hotel in Honjo To Isesaki Shiminnomori Park (new stop!) (131km total)
- Day 08.2 (Friday April 23rd *) Walk 5km, From Isesaki Shiminnomori Park To Kezoji Park (136km total)
- Day 08.3 (Friday April 23rd *) Walk 6km, From Kezoji Park To Momonoki River (142km total)
- Day 09.1 (Saturday April 24th *) Walk 8km, From Momonoki River To Tone River (again) (150km total)
- Day 09.2 (Saturday April 24th *) Walk 3km, From Tone River To Luna Park (153km total)
- Day 10.1 (Sunday April 25th *) Walk 11km, From Luna Park To Kaminodafureai Park (164km total)
- Day 10.2 (Sunday April 25th *) Walk 7km, Kaminodafureai To Shibukawa Skyland Park (171km total)
- Day 11.1 (Monday April 26th *) Walk 5km, From Shibusawa Sky Park To Kane島 Onsen (176km total)
- Day 11.2 (Monday April 26th *) Walk 10km, From Kaneshima Onsen To Planet Restaurant (186km total)
- Day 11.3 (Monday April 26th *) Walk 3km, From Planet Restaurant To Three Parks (189km total)
- Day 12.1 (Tuesday April 27th *) Walk 10km, From Three Parks To ラーメンショップ月夜野店 (199km total)
- Day 12.2 (Tuesday April 27th *) Walk 3km, From Ramen To Jomokogen 駅 New Days (202km total) > 50% complete!!
- Day 12.3 (Tuesday April 27th *) Walk 4km, From New Days To Granpy Sports Complex (206km total)
- Day 12.4 (Tuesday April 27th *) Walk 3km, From Granpy sports complex To Bike Course (209km total)
- Day 13.1 (Wednesday April 28th *) Walk 8km, Bike Place To Bungee Jump (217km total)
- Day 13.2 (Wednesday April 28th *) Walk 6km, Bungee To Koshii And Izumiya Hotels (223km total)
- Day 14.1 (Thursday April 29th *) Walk 11km, Hotels To Naeba (234km total)
- Day 14.2 (Thursday April 29th *) Walk 2km, Naeba To Dragondola (236km total)
- Day 14.3 (Thursday April 29th *) Walk 7km, From Dragondola To Shukuba Hot Spring (243km total)
- Day 15.1 (Friday April 30th *) Walk 7km, From Shukuba Hot Spring To Jackys Cafe (250km total)
- Day 15.2 (Friday April 30th *) Walk 9km, From Jackys Cafe To Echigo Yuzawa Station (259km total)
- Day 15.3 (Friday April 30th *) Walk 7km, From Echigo Yuzawa Station To Ogumaya Inn (266km total)
- Day 16.1 (Saturday May 1st *) Walk 6km, From Ogumaya Inn To Lunch, Hopefully (272km total)
- Day 16.2 (Saturday May 1st *) Walk 7km, to Restaurants Near Ryokan (279km total)
- Day 16.3 (Saturday May 1st *) Walk 4km, to Yasuragi Yado (283km total)
- Day 16.4 (Saturday May 1st *) Walk 6km, to 百年 Inn (289km total)
- Day 17.1 (Sunday May 2nd *) Walk 5km, to French Restaurant In Tokamachi (294km total)
- Day 17.2 (Sunday May 2nd *) Walk 11km, From French Restaurant To Farm Hendon (305km total) > 75% complete!!
- Day 18.1 (Monday May 3rd *) Walk 3km, From Farm Hendon To Restaurant (308km total)
- Day 18.2 (Monday May 3rd *) Walk 8km, From Restaurant Along Shinano River (316km total)
- Day 18.3 (Monday May 3rd *) Walk 11km, Pizza Restaurant (327km total)
- Day 18.4 (Monday May 3rd *) Walk 5km, from pizza place to sleepy by Ota River (332km total)
- Day 19.1 (Tuesday May 4th *) Walk 5km, from Ota River to lunch by Nyozezo Museum (337km total)
- Day 19.2 (Tuesday May 4th *) Walk 10km, from Nyozezo Museum to Kariyatagawa (347km total)
- Day 20.1 (Wednesday May 5th *) Walk 4km, from Kariyatagawa to Matthew’s Bistro (351km total)
- Day 20.2 (Wednesday May 5th *) Walk 14km, along Joetsu line to Tsubamesanjo hotel (365km total)
- Day 21.1 (Thursday May 6th *) Walk 10km, from Tsubamesanjo to grocery store (375km total)
- Day 21.2 (Thursday May 6th *) Walk 5km, along, then sleep by Nakanokuchi River (380km total)
- Day 22.1 (Friday May 7th *) Walk 8km, along Nakanokuchi river to cafe (388km total)
- Day 22.2 (Friday May 7th *) Walk 6km, between rice fields then sleep between rivers (394km total)
- Day 23.1 (Saturday May 8th *) Walk 9km, up spiral steps then to Aoyama Seaside Park (403km total)
(*) Note: dates are subject to change! Be sure to get in touch with me via email at my name at this domain.