According to a survey at https://www.kairoscognition.com/,
I am Associative preferent.
My competitive advantage is for rapid, integrative thinking. I respond effectively to predictable randomness: the things life sends to each of us, we just can’t be sure when. I let my experience and training take the lead when making decisions under pressure.
- Managing predictable randomness
- Integrating context with experience
- Recognizing patterns
- Understanding big picture
- Keeping track of time
- Screening out distractions
- Holding convergent focus and attention
- Respecting rules and processes
Developing my attention
Much of life requires us to focus on one thing at a time in order to see it through to completion.
- Take a deep breath
- Center on the task in front of you
- Close out any distraction I can: email pop ups, message alerts, phone sounds
- Create a signal for colleagues that I am concentrating so they avoid interrupting
- Acknowledge and accept the slow pace
- Stop when I lose focus and am struggling to get it back
- Step away from the task
- Repeat the above after an interval