- I set up email long ago, assuming we would never get bounces per the emails we (don’t) send
- Yesterday we got notification of a bounce
- I could not see what email triggered the bounce
- You guys looked up the offending email
- I discovered that a user had signed up with that email. I hardcoded the address to not have emails sent to it.
- I tried to set up an alert to email with headers if any bounces or complaints happen
- I triggered an email to bounce (6 hours ago as I write this)
- I have not received an email regarding the bounce (6 hours later)
Receiving emails for bounces is just to make sure I have bounce detection set up correctly. I eventually want to process bounces automatically.
18 hours later, from AWS support
I checked the SNS topic you have and the SNS endpoint and I see they are configured correctly to receive a bounces via email for emails sent by "email@example.com " that results as bounces. So I started to SES logs for any bounces generated for emails sent by this email address "firstname.lastname@example.org " and I couldn't see any bounces from this email which explains the reason you didn't receive any bounces on SNS endpoint "webmaster@AB".
OOOhhhhhhh that makes sense.
09:13 Saturday 15 March 2020 JST
Now it’s all sorted out.