01 Dec 2019, 20:49
- I am very close to finishing the goals I set in August for this
year: 1 website, 4 workshops, 4 sessions, better relationship with
- Lin and my relationship is definitely getting better, mostly because
I have chilled out a lot about things that annoy me. Except for
one: today I explained very clearly that her asking me to clean my
room is ineffective. I am not going to clean it. the end. I did
not add that I will clean it at my pace, but I do keep it clean at
my own pace.
- Yesterday the eye gazing workshop was cancelled, but Lughn attended
anyway. We sat together for some sessions, 3, 5, 8, and 8
minutes, respectively. She said it was great and many other
superlatives. So happy to hear it! We will do at least one
workshop at her place.
- Today I told peeps from SOGO that I try to attend SOGO at least
twice a month.
- As of November, I have started doing online sessions twice a month
with one of the men from my online men’s circle.
- As of 2 December 2019, I have gotten approval to work on AB again,
and just given the last of my souvenirs from the US to my friends,
finishing with Ami, as we sat in Jonathan’s near 目黒 station.
- Lin, Jennie, and I are all doing fine. Lin’s mom is fine, and set
to retire in the middle of this month.
- Ma is coming to Tokyo with Madeleine at the end of December.
Looking forward to the trip and wondering how it will be paid!
- I recently started drawing art again, with my latest two pieces
being Magnetic Highway and
- Marble Track 3 construction is still going strong. The total
video is ruffly 15 minutes long at this point.
- Tonight Lin will be home late; I am writing this from the
Jonathan’s where Ami and I met.
- I worked for 4 hours tonight at Jonathan’s a got a good bit done.
- I had a banging headache on Tuesday after using my computer for 4
hours at the restaurant on Monday.
- Just today (Wednesday 4 Dec 2019) I realized I can use Blender to
model MT3 pieces in 3D. I have been wondering what software I can
use for that. Now I wonder how plausible it will be for me to do
- Rin invited me to an event she is having in a couple of days. How
does her event look so good to me while my (barefoot) event looks
- Tomorrow will be the first day I work at BP on Thursdays. 3 month
contract to start. Today Eriko took me to breakfast to talk about
plans for the lessons.
- Today at JB, Hide and I talked about possible subscription
services. I wonder about selling my art online. I need to scan
my recent pieces and put them on Zazzle or something. Or Zazzle,
because that is what I have set up so far.
- Today I stayed at On The Marks hotel so I could have a private
room for my convo with my client in the US. Having the room was
okay, but probably overkill. I will just use a cafe next time.
- I walked barefoot outside today when it was 2 degrees C (according
to my phone). It was survivable because it was not raining.
- I have paused playing with Urbit, and did not finish the 2nd week
assignment of Hoon 101. It’s just too low priority for me, with
too little upside.
- I have been using sigils about once a week after having created
several some weeks ago. I have not lit any candles recently.
Curious how my desire ebbs and flows.
- I have attended 4 weeks of Japanese lessons at the ward office. I
just ignored an email I got from a Japanese language school (after
I signed up for a free level check) because they have a 10,000
registration fee. I ain’t ready to invest that kinda money in
Japanese, sadly enough.
- I am still using my 2013 MacBook Pro, and still thinking about
getting a new computer, and still thinking about not getting a Mac
- Considerations for new computer: must be able to run DragonFrame,
Godot, hugo, VirtualBox, and connect to my wifi router + printer.
If those work, anything else I care about should work fine.
- I have been getting myself off my computer by 10pm each night more
often than not in the past week or so. Before that I more often
was computering past 11pm.
- I am on my way to SCC (for private lessons with Azusa and Yasu)
and then BP (for the renewal lesson with 12 students over 12
weeks). I think I have all the right things with me.
- Finally, for the record, I told Eriko this time is the last time I
am willing to take lessons for 5000 yen per hour.
- Update; She agreed to 10,000 yen per hour! Yay!