02 Oct 2019, 14:13

I think I fixed pagination on my site

(written 14:13 Wednesday 02 October 2019 JST)

Well it has taken longer than I wanted, but I learned that I can get lots of code samples by searching GitHub. For some reason dredging through the documentation did not work for me. It’s like there’s tons of pieces and various similar words and my little brain is like ummmmmmmmmmmmm

but digging through Github like https://github.com/search?p=6&q=where+site.RegularPages+%22Type%22+%22in%22+.Site.Params.mainSections&type=Code

or https://github.com/search?q=paginator+Paginate+internal+pagination&type=Code

and boom lots of examples and I got it sorted in less than an hour.

Compared to days and days and weeks omg I would say that is worth doing first next time.

HOPPEEEFFFUllYyyy I can get my site up before I leave for the US.

ps thanks to this page for cracking it open for me.


Using $paginator instead of $pages as the variable name helped a lot. I guess Hugo looks for that variable by default in the pagination bits.

13:02 Thursday 03 October 2019 JST

The site is failing on Netlify for some reason, but I set up a new Netlify site that will hopefully get me sorted.

But that’s not why I’m writing.

I wondered why my existing server was not serving the site; I set it up to be updated whenever I push the public directory to the server.

(check check check) ohhh there’s your problem!

It makes a difference if I WIPE THE .git/ DIRECTORY by WIPING the public/ directory to debug all this. hahah oops.

But that’s not why I’m writing …