10:25 Wednesday 09 May 2018 JST
I am in the middle of making the marble splitter work for small marbles.
The manager has just glued one rail into place and will glue the inner rail next.
Next, the manager will:
- glue inner rail for small track
- test the too small marble (which will fail)
- eject too small marble
- test a correctly-sized small marble
At the same time, Reversable Guy (RG) will place the other splitter top rail. Only problem is holding it in place before there are supports for it.
Reversable Guy will:
- Lift the rail
- Get help from Pinky
- Call in some brown worms to act as supports
- Have Green Cutter(*) cut support pieces to size and glue them in place.
- help RG with the rail
- install some kind of berm for the large marble
Square head guy will:
- come back with the large marble
- help Pinky with the berm OR/and
- push the large marble up the ramp
(*) He is Green Cutter for no reason other than he is completely green, and he is the cutter. There are no other cutters (yet) on the set
Other things to be done:
- add berm to catch small marbles (near same place as the berm Pink will add)
- add curved rail which will guide medium sized marble off the small/medium splitter
- add small marble track extending clockwise from top of the three-way splitter
- using curvable bamboo skewers, add medium+large marble track extending the other way from top of the three-way splitter
- carefully measure the circumfrence of the stage and calculate the slope of the outer upper curved track so it will be just the right height when it loops all the way around.
- low-key add some ramps within the inside track which will double as holders for this outer track.
After writing the above, I think I should create a removable ring track to be a stand-in for the actual track. That way the inner track will know exactly how high/low it needs to be a different places.
And now I think I am about ready to get a domain specifically for this project. Not sure how to have Hugo grab exactly one set of tags to make entries though. Is it too much trouble to maintain two different sets of entries? Can I do hardlinks in OS X?