01 Apr 2018, 15:25
15:25 Sunday 01 April 2018 JST
- I started a Meetup group
ManKind Project Tokyo
which will soon be linked to the Mankind Project Pro Meetup
- Men’s group meetings are now every Tuesday (since March). We had
been meeting twice a month since about August 2015. The group has
slowly grown and now twice a month is not enough for every man to
do his work.
- SOGO is still going, although the leadership is changing. Menya
was not there today; Maha will soon be moving to Ireland; Michael
left for California last year. Good job Pinakesh and Sho for
leading the group today!
- Marble Track 3 has a grand total of nearly 9 minutes of video. As
of this moment, the stage is spinning 4 units per frame (pretty
fast) and some characters are affected, but ghostable gluer is not
- I work for JB primarily (Wednesdays and Thursdays in Kawasaki +
Akihabara) Solid Square early Wednesday mornings, from which Chika
has moved on; SCC Wednesday / Thursday afternoons, both for museum
and showspace; JB head office on Wednesday afternoon+evenings for
kids classes alongside Patrick, and adult lessons alongside Matt;
then GG lesson in Akihabara on Thursdays.
- After GG on Thursdays I head home for Japanese lesson with Mel in
Chicago, who has free time after getting her son off to school on
their Thursday morning.
- Secondarily working for ist with Tariq, with lessons on Monday
mornings. We had a lot of students up to the end of the year last
year, but they pretty much bounced during the holidays.
- Also working for ist on ConSwi, a new game we are developing
slowly but surely with Godot 3. I am
scheduled to meet Tariq this afternoon in 武蔵小杉 station.
- Also working for Tess, with one lesson per week on Mondays around
noon. Not sure if that will be continued after the next two
lessons coming up in April.
- Also working on growing the men’s group and hope to figure out a
way to bring enough value to businesses that I can make some money
with it. For now it is all volunteer.
- And volunteering a couple times a month on
7 Cups, etc.
- I just received in the mail
Sacred Circles by Robin Deen Carnes and Sally Craig,
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown, and
Planet on Purpose by Brandon Peele.
- Fred got his PhD! in December (I think). He’s teaching C++
- Lin and I have our cat Jennie and live in our house near (ahem, 24
minutes walk from) 新百合ヶ丘 station.
- I recently bought a Crayon Shinchan book, and a Doraemon book, but
they are kinda beyond my understanding, unless I go slowly.
- I am still using my last ever Macbook Pro.
- I got rid of my iPhone and now use a waterproof Android phone,
(which was waterproof before any iPhones were waterproof.)
- running out of steam in this SOML.
- Oh, I have been using Complice to get stuff done. It is
thanks to Complice that I remembered I need to write an SOML today.