(written 15:56 Saturday 25 January 2020 JST)
- Happy New Year 2020!
- This year my resolution is to lead 24+ workshops. At the current rate I am on track to do 36. 1/10th of the way through the year, but.
- Last night I made good progress solving issues on ConSwi, some issues of which I created and immediately fixed.
- I still have not solved the issue regarding ending the level if it cannot be won, but I have at least simplified it by splitting into a new issue the need to add a Swipe detection algorithm
- I miss getting to see Lin very much; she has been working a lot recently and our schedules have only slight overlap. We had a nice synchronicity getting on the same train on the way home on Thursday night. We texted each other on the way home and were just one car apart.
- I started a newsletter in which I plan to talk about the process of leading 24+ workshops this year. The next mailing will likely start with “…procrastination is an issue with managing our emotions, not our time.”
- My workshops may seem varied but they are all designed to inspire self awareness in the participants, and ultimately encourage people to stay in line with their purpose or mission in life.
- I was recently invited to speak at a workshop for women’s empowerment. Yesterday I talked with my friend and speaker coach Soness about preparing for the presentation, so I have homework to do before I speak with her again this coming Friday.
- This coming Saturday February 1st is my next
workshopwalkshop: Ice Barefoot Challenge and foot bath. I went to the foot bath spa a couple weeks ago to confirm we could go. We’ve got a reservation at 2:30pm. For now just me and Anuj. I hope more people join!
- Ah that reminds me I have slacked at inviting people to workshops, and I need to write up the different workshop offerings for my website. To that end, Michael from men’s circle has been looking for an accountability partner for me in this venture.
- I studied Japanese with a new teacher, まなみ先生。 She seemed really intrigued with Marble Track 3 which reminds me I need to get Marble Track 3 website looking cooler. I wonder about hiring the guy who quoted $4000 to make it awesome and maintainable. Using Airtable, but I am hesitant to use a 3rd party like that. Still not sold on the idea.
- Next coming Saturday February 8th Shinobu and I will do our first Your Art Matters event, where artists get to share their art in an intimate setting. We will offer feedback and/or encouragement, as each person desires. Adding accountability if people want to work on art during the month and show off their skills on the next Second Saturday of the month, March 7th.
- 2020 is a leap year!
- I made a bridge for Jennie to walk from our balcony to Lin’s room window. She has not used it yet, but hopefully in the Spring she will be willing to do so.